Monday 16 January 2012

What a good weekend.

I must have been feeling super creative this weekend, when I got home on Friday evening Georgie and I were looking through a load of Country Living magazines, cutting out what we felt we would like to keep. whist doing this I had a sudden urge to make a coffee cake, so, I just did, and it was so quick, it did make me wonder why I didn't do spontaneous things more often!!

Saturday I lite some yankee candle wax tarts that I had already been using over christmas, and used the wax to make some small smelly candles.



I then went on to do a job I had been wanting to do for ages.  Our sofa is a very old sofa that my brother gave me about 5 years ago.  The feather cushions had become so flat, I wanted to make them smaller but firmer, so I made new ticking bags for them, and then made new covers from some fabric I bought about 10 years ago to cover the old sofa.....hoarder me? don't know what you mean!  anyway the end result was quite good!

Finally I thought I would treat myself to do something that I wanted to do.  Now I can sew but have never made a quilt, even though I love them, really because I want instant gratification, and I couldn't see a way to have that with a quilt.  however I saw a block of the month class which is free on craftsy, so I thought I would give it a go.  The first one is call a slashed asterix, and here is my first attempt, now there are faults and if you are a quilter it may be awful, but to me I felt quite proud of how it turned out.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

What an amazingly productive weekend you've had - well done on trying out the quilting, not that I'm an expert but it looks pretty good to me.

Have you got time to do the Jingle Belles challenge this week?

Jill said...

Hi Heli think you must have been bitten by the craft bug this weekend, what a lot you got done!! Jill x

Heli said...

Planning on doing it Linda, printed the sketch x