Sunday 29 January 2012

Busy but not posted

I wanted to increase the number of posts, not decrease!  but I have been busy of the last 2 weeks, I have made a birthday card for a friend, it was made from a goody bag that was given to me by another lovely friend with whom I do an advent swap each year.  The set is made by a company call Craftwork cards and I was really pleased, the photo was not so great, but I was in a rush to get it in the envelope and delivered!!  The dress in the card reminded my of my friends stylish way of dressing :)



I have also been carrying on with the quilts, I have done 4 asterisk stars in total now, and really need to move on to the next 4 wonky pound signs, but I like the asterisk's and want to play with making them a bit more union jacky so that I can use them to make some patriotic flags!!!!


I need to go a get myself some lovely seville oranges, so that I can make marmalade, we ate the last jar of last years making last week, and I really hate the idea of buying it from a shop!! now that reminds me of a bit in the film "Gosford Park" when Helen Mirrens character asks one of the visiting maids, "will she mind shop bought?" to which the maid shrugs!!  I want to have a go a a couple of challenges this week, I have enjoyed Jingles Bells challenges, and was thrilled to see that  Linda's cards won :) and I want to have a go at a valentine themed challenge, now depending on how quick I am I will try out  the Just Tracy's challenge!!

No comments: