Sunday 8 January 2012

Well it's only January!

I thought that I would try to do some crafting every night, well okay three times a week, well I am busy, so best be at the weekend.  Procrastinate, me what do you mean?

I was bought a book for Christmas called where women create, and the continuing theme is that your craft space should be somewhere that inspires you, so really it's hardly my fault, I mean if I could redecorate the room, then refurnish it, then I could create fantastic stuff..............

Ok so I confess, I just hadn't got around to it, but I knew what I wanted to do.  I was reading Linda's blog and saw her christmas cards, I followed the link   and decided to have a go!

The brief was to use wrapping paper, so I stuck the wrapping paper to card, cut it out sanded the edges a bit to disguise my slightly wobbly cutting!  I then punched the snow flake from the wrapping paper, then 3d stuck both to paper from DCWV christmas printed paper pack which is really old, so I should get a bonus point for using up stash!! :) finally good old SU sentiment

I do feel good,  it was worth making the time.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It's brilliant - I hope you manage to join in every week. Which reminds me I must check out this weeks challenge.

Unknown said...

Silly me - I forgot the challenge is fortnightly this year!

Jill said...

Happy new year Heli! Lovely creation! Jill x

SmilynStef said...

A bonus point indeed for using-up that long-ago stash ... love that sweet little snowman that looks like he's sliding down the hill ... so glad you're creating with us at jingle belles ... and it is always worth making the time to create!

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh that snowman (or woman?) giftwrap is just sooooooooooo fabulous and what a brilliant way to use it! absolutely love this totally fun and festive card!

(& yeah--DEFINITELY bonus points for using that DCWV "snowflake" paper... i think i have some of that left, too--although now that i know it can look ♥THIS GOOD♥ i shall have to use it for sure!) :) :) :)

soooooooo pleased you've found us via miss linda & we're VERY glad you've come along to play! ♥♥♥

Barbara said...

It was good you got started - I love that card!