Sunday 20 January 2013

2013 is going to be a Great Year!!

I don't know why or how, just a good feeling that I have, and that I want to try to keep.  I am sure that the more positive I am the happier I will be, enjoy the small things, rather than being frustrated at the lack of big.  So that is to be my main aim for this year, and I will use this blog to track my progress.

For example we have already won £20 on the lottery this year, how lucky is that!!



what are my other aims


  • continue with the weight loss, I think that if I lose another 11lb I will be happy with my weight, and at that point will consider what I would like to do, sick or carry on.
I have returned to class, and plan to have put my christmas gain behind me by the end of January.



  • I have signed up to 2 new quilting monthly sessions, so I would like to try to keep in top of those.  I was so pleased with what I made last year, and did find the process quite relaxing
I have cleaned my sewing machine, and am waiting for a good time to take my son to the quilt shop so that he can choose what fabric he would like his quilt made from, and he is very excited to do that!


  • Spend more time with my friends, I seem to be in a pattern of work and sleep, with no time to spend with my friends, and only communicating via social media.
So I arranged to meet my friend at Jon Lewis after work, we sprayed perfume and looked at kitchen and home wears, next time we may even try on a dress or 2 that we have no intention of buying, in my mission to teach myself to shop for what suits me rather than what I think is a bargain!!

  • have a better relationship with money, focusing on what I do have rather than what I don't, its so easy to feel that you can't do or afford rather than thinking about what you do have and can afford.  Also being a little more creative about how things are done being more organised, so that I plan rather than rushing out and buying something that really is not right, but will do due to lack of time.
For example my washing machine is broken, actually we don't need one right now, we both have parents who we visit, and are happy for us to use their machines whilst we are there, and this will allow us time to save rather than buying one with credit.  and actually it means I am spending a bit more time with my mum, who we never expected to be with us :)




I am not committing to the frequency of the blog, but will attempt to blog more often, and am hoping that what I put on here to read, will inspire me to keep going, and that it is working!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep those positive thoughts and you are sure to succeed this year. BTW you look great in that dress.

Jill said...

All sounding good to me!! Jill x