Sunday 20 November 2011

happy sad times

Paul had his birthday, and that was another highlight of this season for us, we usually then look forward to our wedding anniversary, followed by the run up to christmas.  Sadly this year Paul's grandad died and we have attended his burial this week.  Whilst it was a very sad time it was lovely to spend time with the family.  Paul and his brother here at the wake happy in the knowledge that there is a wedding to be excited about in June of next year.

So now my mind has turned to christmas and the preparation ahead, this year is to be a frugal affair with home made gifts as tokens rather that the vast sums of money that have been spent in previous years, I will be posting my makes as I go to remind me next year of what can be achieved with a little planning.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Heli
Sorry to hear about Paul's Grandad, must be such a sad time for you all.
Thank you for all the lovely comments on my blog, I really love to hear from you even though we don't meet up too often now! Glad you liked the box, just love boxes!! How sad is that!
Life goes on here and I seem to be busy so much of the time which I suppose is good.
Keep in touch.
Jill x

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about Paul's Grandad, sad but at least you got to celebrate his life at the wake with other family members.

I look forward to seeing your handmade gifts which I am sure will be fantastic.

Take care,
Linda x